Swap Shop Now Open Every Saturday
Hours of Operation
Saturdays - 9:00 a.m. to Noon
Because we need to close promptly at noon, large loads of donations may not be accepted after 11:45am.
The WSWMD Swap Program on Old Ferry Road is a free outlet for materials that are still usable but for which there is no traditional re-use program. People are asked to use all other available outlets before bringing items to the Swap Shop
To make items available to all persons, for their personal use, and not to allow one or a few persons to monopolize the facility. Therefore, any Swap Program Volunteer has the right to restrict or refuse an individual's access to the facility for whatever reason. The Swap Program is not intended to be a resource for dealers or metal salvagers.
The Swap Program volunteers will decide whether or not the material presented may be accepted as the WSWMD does not want the Swap Program to become a free dumping ground. This list will be updated from time to time, so call to check if you have something questionable to bring in. Due to the need to close promptly at noon, large loads of donations may not be accepted after 11:45am.
* Sports Equipment;
* Construction materials: eg lumber, bricks, blocks, electric wire, outlet boxes;
* Non-upholstered furniture: eg chairs, tables, bed frames, small tables, book
* Lawn and garden furniture and equipment;
* Household items: eg dishes, kitchen ware, lamps, frames, utensils;
* Plumbing: sinks, pipes & fittings, hoses;
* Cabinets, shelves, counters;
* Small household appliances: eg toaster, toaster oven, iron, blender, mixer;
* Tools: eg construction - hand and power;
* Gas engine equipment: eg lawn mower, snowblower;
* Toys (complete and put together);
* Complete windows, doors;
* Usable paints and stains (during summer months only); and
* Books (not text books or encyclopedias)
These are examples of items we usually cannot accept. At times there may be additional items we cannot accept due to space or other considerations. These items may be put on Freecycle.
* Appliances: eg refrigerators, cook stoves, washers, dryers, air conditioners; upholstered furniture;
* Computers; and
- Use other available outlets (such as thrift stores, consignment shops) before bringing things to the Swap Program.
- Items must be in working order.
- A Swap Program Volunteer will decide if the item will be accepted.
- Acceptable items may vary depending on space and other considerations.
- You can check with a Swap Program Volunteer for acceptability before bringing an item in.
- Only Swap Program Volunteers will attend to the delivering vehicles.
- No idling of vehicles.
- Only Swap program Volunteers are to be in the office and receiving area.
- Items accepted may go directly into the office for later distribution.
- All items are offered without warranty of any kind.
Program is for residential/personal use only... not commercial or resale.
No smoking allowed in Swap Program building or immediate area.
Visitors are encouraged to submit new ideas or suggestions to Swap Program Volunteers.
Questions and Information